Our 12 month membership to the Darwin Film Society / Deckchair Cinema is only $75 per person (or $50 if you hold a valid concession card**)! Your membership applies exclusively to you and is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Along with the warm fuzzy feeling you get by being part of our exclusive club, your membership also gives you:
- Four free tickets* to use at Deckchair Cinema or Flix in the Wet.
- Four free members screenings per year as advertised in our regular program (instructions at the bottom of the page)
- Members’ only ticket prices of $10 – once you’ve used all your freebies, you get this members’ exclusive ticket price at Deckchair Cinema and Flix in the Wet (held February-March at Birch Carroll and Coyle) for only $10
- $5 tickets to late sessions on Fridays and Saturday (the screening after the 7.30 session, usually commencing between 9pm – 9.30pm)
- Program sneak peeks (before they go public), and exclusive member’s emails and offers like movie giveaways, t-shirts and other goodies
- Discounted Darwin Festival membership – as a members, you can become a Friend of the Festival for $80 standard ($10 off the standard price) by showing your Deckchair membership card at their box office (or keeping an eye out for the special link in the members’ eNews).
- A vote at our AGM!
* Members free tickets cannot be redeemed at Sunday fundraisers, and Special Events such as those ticketed through another organisation, e.g. Banff Mountain Film Festival or the Human Rights and Arts Film Festival.
If you are purchasing a membership as a gift please, go to the GIFT VOUCHER page to complete your purchase.
Renew your membership online NOW!
If you have received a notification that your membership has expired, or you are so organised that you know it’s almost up and you would like to renew your Darwin Film Society membership, you can do so right here! Once your payment has been processed another 12 months will be added onto your membership, as well as four free tickets being added to your account; you keep the same membership card and number as previously!
*You will be requested to provide proof of concession when renewing at the discounted rate. Please note, the Deckchair Cinema offers discount membership for people with Government-issued concession cards and Australian full-time students ONLY. Eligible cards are listed below. REMEMBER to bring proof of concession or senior card to avoid disappointment.
- Concession Cards issued by an Australian Government include Health Care Card, Pension Concession Card, Low Income Health Care Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card ONLY
- Australian Student Cards issued to full-time students (we cannot accept ISIC or other international student cards)
- Seniors Cards issued by an Australian Government.
Using your free tickets!
Using your free tickets in person is easy – just show your card at the box office or we can also look you up if you forget your card. Fortunately using them online is also easy! Follow these steps (click here to open these instructions in a new tab)
- The next page is the page where you select how many tickets you would like. There are two options; if you have a password already use your email and password to login and skip two steps, if you don’t have a password click the ‘forgot password?’ link.
- The next page asks for your email address – make sure you use the one that you used when you created your account. After you click submit you receive an email that lets you create a password
- Navigate back to the page where you select how many tickets you would like.
- Now that you have logged in you will have the member tickets available!
- You have four free adult tickets that you can use for yourself or friends (they are labelled *Adult $0, just check that you select the $0 version as there is a paid version) and unlimited member $10 tickets (these are just for you so they are locked to one per film)
- If you have any difficulty we’re here to help! Simply get in touch by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or if it’s out of office hours you may need to go to the box office.