FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE VOLUNTEERS
The Darwin International Film Festival has 2 vacant positions for new programming committee members to help design an eclectic program of feature films for our 10th edition to take place between 12th and 22nd of September 2019.
About the role:
- Research and propose feature films to the committee which are in line with the Management committee’s programming vision;
- Watch trailers, screeners and more broadly get familiar with other members’ film suggestions;
- Attend PC meetings (4 per year);
- Participate pro-actively in discussions to shortlist films;
- Provide input on special events, special guests, and program scheduling;
- Attend DIFF and support publicity efforts as required (e.g. media interview)
- A passion for film;
- Great communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
What will be highly regarded:
- A current connection to the film / arts industry
- A fresh approach to curating films
- A substantial knowledge of family-friendly / animation films.
Send your expression of interest to email@example.com with:
- A cover letter addressing criteria above;
- A resume;
- One film suggestion for DIFF 2019 (please justify your suggestion in a few lines).